- Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Brinjal Banarshi Giant Seeds
It is a round purple vegetable that is used for preparing various dishes. It is a hardy crop that can be cultivated under a wide variety of soil. Only well-drained fertile soil is the requirement. Read more on How to grow Brinjal.SKU: SOH5487FB8/02
- Net Cups/Net Pots, - Other Inert Media, Inert media & Netcups
Growing medium is specially engineered for the hydroponics seed germination Oasis Sheet – 3120 Units- Net Cups/Net Pots, - Other Inert Media, Inert media & Netcups
Growing medium is specially engineered for the hydroponics seed germination Oasis Sheet – 3120 Units
- High-drainage product characteristic is ideal for crops requiring a high air porosity.
- Specifically engineered balance of water and air promotes vigorous root development.
- Maintains the original air porosity: the cells do not compact after continual watering.
- Pre-dibbled seed holes are uniform in depth and spacing, which makes it easy to automate the seeding process.
- Consistent product quality, cell-to-cell.
- Sterile media arrives pathogen-free, to help reduce disease and insect problems.
- User friendly, no need for protective gear or clothing when handling.
- Easy to separate cubes at transplant.
- Best for all Leafy Vegetables
Brinjal Banarshi Giant Seeds
Out of stock
It is a round purple vegetable that is used for preparing various dishes. It is a hardy crop that can be cultivated under a wide variety of soil. Only well-drained fertile soil is the requirement. Read more on How to grow Brinjal.
+FREE SHIPPING | Inclusive of all taxes
Guaranteed Lowest Price
Out of stock
It is a round purple vegetable that is used for preparing various dishes. It is a hardy crop that can be cultivated under a wide variety of soil. Only well-drained fertile soil is the requirement. Read more on How to grow Brinjal
How To Grow Brinjal Banarshi Giant From Seeds:
- Introduction and Uses: Brinjal belongs to the nightshade family. It is rich in fiber, potassium, vitamin B-6 and phytonutrients like flavonoids. The antioxidants in this vegetable keep the arteries healthy and lower the risk of cardiac diseases. The eggplant is high in water content and hence keeps the body hydrated.
- Botanical Name: Solanum melongena
- Sowing Season: Throughout the year.
- Sowing method: Transplantation.
- First harvest: 10 to 12 weeks
Because the seeds are small, the Brinjal plant is grown by the transplantation method. Seeds are first sown indoors in seedling trays or outdoors on seedbeds. Later the seedlings are transplanted into containers or in raised beds.
- Sowing container: Seedling trays/ seed cups/ small polybags/Seedbeds.
- Sowing medium: Coco Peat
STEPS FOR SEED SOWING (SEED STARTING) IN A CONTAINER:
- Take a seedling tray with medium-sized cells & drainage holes at the bottom.
- Fill the cells/cups with a moist coco-peat medium.
- Hold the Brinjal seeds in your left palm & sow 2-3 seeds per cell/cup. Since Brinjal seeds are small, avoid sowing them very deeply.
- Place the seeds on the surface of the medium & push each seed a little inside the medium by using pencil tip, so that seeds are not visible on the surface anymore & cover it with more coco-peat.
- Or make small, shallow depressions on medium with pencil bottom. Put the seed in that depression & sprinkle more coco-peat on the top to cover the seed.
- Keep the seedling tray indoors till the seeds germinate.
Covering: Keep the seed tray in a box or cover it with paper for first 4-5 days to encourage faster seed germination.
- Water the seed cells with a spoon in the first week. Provide two tablespoons of water every day.
- Or keep the seedling tray in another tray full of water for half an hour, so that seed cells will absorb the water from the bottom, via drainage holes.
- If the seedbeds are made outdoors, protect them from heavy rain or direct sunlight. Use well sieved fine soil as a sowing medium & make a nice raised bed from it. Cover the bed by making a temporary roof of the plastic sheet. Water is in the form of a light shower by watering can.
GROWTH STAGES OF BRINJAL BANARSHI GIANT PLANT:
- Sprouting Stage: Seeds will germinate within first 6-8 days or so & tiny sprouts will be visible. Once seeds germinate, put the tray in an open partially sunny spot near the window. Don’t cover the tray anymore.
- Cotyledons: The early two leaves will emerge from the second week of germination. These are false leaves called as cotyledons.
- First leaves: First leaves will emerge above cotyledons at the end of the second week. These are Brinjal’s original compound leaves.
- Seedling stage: Second week onwards, seedlings will start growing into a small plant. At this stage, exposé the seedlings to more & more sunlight for leaf growth.
- Thinning: After the second week, keep only a single seedling per cell/cup. Cut off the weak, small & lagging seedlings with a pair of scissors.
- Four weeks after the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready to transplant in container pots or raised beds.
- Ideal planting mixture for Brinjal: 2 part garden soil & 1 part Organic Manure.
- Or 1 part garden soil, 1 part coco-peat & 1 part Vermicompost.
- Transplant the seedling along with root ball of a medium, without disturbing its roots. Unlike other plants, Brinjal seedlings can be transplanted deeper into the soil, so that little portion of the lower stem & leaves can be buried inside. This encourages more root formation.
Spacing: Plant the seedlings minimum 2 feet apart (60×60 or 60×45 cm) from each other on raised beds. Plant only single seedling at the center of a single regular 8-12 inch pot.
HOW TO TAKE CARE FOR BRINJAL BANARSHI GIANT PLANT:
- Sunlight: Brinjal plants require full sunlight in winter & partial sunlight in summer. Therefore, place your raised beds & potted plants according to the season.
- Watering: Water your potted Brinjal plant every day in summer & every other day in winter. Water at the soil near the plant. Use a watering can and make sure that the plants get water in the form of a shower & not by a single flow. You can also make provision for watering by drip irrigation system for your raised beds. Avoid overwatering.
- Plant care: Always look for the early signs of any insect/fungal/ any other infections. Spray appropriate medicines as soon as any symptoms of such diseases are spotted.
- Support: Support your Brinjal plant by tying its main stem to a single erect stick buried in the soil near the plant. With this support, your plant will stay upright.
- Pinching/Topping: Pinch out the apical (top) growing point of Brinjal plant when its two months old to encourage new and uniform side growth. This will increase the brinjal production. Also, pinch off any diseased leaves & branches immediately.
- Harvesting: Brinjal plant will start flowering at the end of 3rd month. Brinjals can be harvested 70 to 80 days from the sowing of seeds. If proper care is taken, the Brinjal plant will continue to grow & produce veggies for three years.
|Selling Brand||Shop of Hydroponics|
|Country of Origin||India|
|Date First Available||20 August 2020|
|Dispatched in||24 Hours|
COVID-19 E-COMMERCE DELIVERY GUIDELINES
10 Days Returnable
Based on 0 reviews
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Image is for reference only. Product may vary in shape or appearance based on packing, light conditions, etc.
- Product Color May Slightly Vary Due To Photographic Lighting Sources Or Your Monitor Settings.
- For External Use Only. Non-edible
- Keep Away from children.
- Keep in a cool and shaded area with normal room temperature.
You may also like…
- Exotic Seeds, - Herbs Seeds, - Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
An herb that resembles hollow blades of grass, and the smallest member of the onion family. Chives have a mild onion flavor. Their distinctive smell and taste are derived from a volatile oil, rich in sulphur and common to the onion family, but milder and more subtle in chives. Referred to only in the plural, because they grow in clumps rather than alone. Read more on Growing ChivesSKU: SOH5487FB8/43
- Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Cabbage is packed with multiple health benefits including treatment for constipation, stomach ulcers, eye disorders, arthritis, heart diseases, and Alzheimer’s disease. This cool-season vegetable requires fertilizers before planting and sunny sites. Read more on Growing Cabbages – A green delight for your garden.SKU: 5487FB8/38
- Exotic Seeds, - Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Broccoli has a strong and positive impact on our body’s detoxification system, increases Vitamin D deficiency, eliminates unwanted contamination, and comes with anti-inflammatory benefits. Broccoli needs cool weather, regular water, full sun, and rich soil to grow.SKU: SOH5487FB8/10