- Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
High yielding variety. Fruit color deep green with shine. Fruit length is 11-13 cm with five edges on the fruit surface. Tolerant to Yellow Vein Mosaic Virus. The average height of the plant is 5 – 6 Ft. Ready for harvest 42-45 days from sowing. Good variety for longer transport.SKU: SOH5487FB8/23
Zucchini likes well-drained, fertile soil mixed with lots of compost. It requires consistently moistened soil.
How To Grow Zucchini (Squash) From Seeds:
Introduction and Uses: Zucchini also known as courgette is a summer squash that is loaded with health benefits. It is extremely beneficial if you are looking to shed off those extra kilos and boost the nutrient value of your diet. Apart from this, it also helps in promoting vision, prevent diseases like scurvy, and easy bruising that occurs from deficiency of vitamin C . It also helps in curing asthma. Zucchini contains carbohydrates, protein, fiber, potassium, folate, and vitamin A. When eaten regularly, Zucchini can effectively lower the homocysteine levels.
- Botanical Name: Cucurbita pepo var. cylindrica.
- Sowing Season: Monsoon & Summer
- Sowing method: Seeds are sown directly in raised beds or containers.
- Growing container: Use big circular pots or grow bag with 16” diameter and the minimum depth of 8-10 inches.
- Growing medium: Coco peat
STEPS FOR SEED SOWING (SEED STARTING) IN A CONTAINER:
- Take a container of your choice with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Fill the container with proper potting layers & selected growing medium.
- Sow 2 seeds at the center of a pot.
GROWTH STAGES OF ZUCCHINI (SQUASH):
- Sprouting Stage: Seeds will germinate within the first 6-8 days or so & tiny sprouts will be visible.
- Cotyledons: The first two leaves will emerge in the second week of germination. These are false leaves called as cotyledons.
- First leaves: First leaves will emerge above cotyledons at the end of the second week.
- Seedling stage: Second week onwards, seedlings will start growing into a small plant.
- Thinning: After the second week, keep only a single seedling at one spot, Cut off the weak, small & lagging seedlings with a pair of scissors.
HOW TO TAKE CARE FOR ZUCCHINI (SQUASH) PLANT:
- Sunlight: Pumpkin plants require full sunlight. Therefore your raised bed should be made at a bright sunny spot. Keep the Pumpkin container under open sunlight.
- Watering technique: Water your potted Pumpkin plant every day in summer. Water the soil near the plant. Use a watering can to make sure that the plants get water in the form of the shower & not by a single flow. You can also make provision for watering by drip irrigation system for your raised beds.
- Top Dressing: When your Pumpkin climber is more than 45 days old, Provide one tablespoon of 15:15:15 (NPK) Fertilizer per plant or mix a handful of Vermicompost in the soil around each plant.
- Plant care: Always look for the early signs of any insect/fungal infection/ any other infections. Spray appropriate medicines as soon as any symptoms of such diseases are spotted. Watch out for Powdery Mildew when plants are young.
- Note: Pumpkin plants have separate Male & female flowers on the same plant. Fruits will be formed on female flower after pollination.
- Hand pollination of flowers: Take ‘pollens’ from male flowers on painting brush or cotton bud & dust them on the ‘stigma’ of female flowers. This will increase the overall production of pumpkins. This step is not mandatory.
- Harvesting: (45 to 50 days from sowing) Pumpkin climber will start flowering at the end of the third month. You can start harvesting ripe Pumpkin fruits after three months of seed sowing. Harvesting season can continue for the next three months. Pumpkin flowers are also edible.
|Selling Brand||Shop of Hydroponics|
|Country of Origin||India|
|Date First Available||20 August 2020|
|Dispatched in||24 Hours|
COVID-19 E-COMMERCE DELIVERY GUIDELINES
10 Days Returnable
Based on 0 reviews
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Image is for reference only. Product may vary in shape or appearance based on packing, light conditions, etc.
- Product Color May Slightly Vary Due To Photographic Lighting Sources Or Your Monitor Settings.
- For External Use Only. Non-edible
- Keep Away from children.
- Keep in a cool and shaded area with normal room temperature.
You may also like…
- Herbs Seeds, - Medicinal Seeds, All Seeds
Coriander can be grown from leaves and it requires a frost-free climate. Even extreme heat will prevent the plant from growing. The best is to grow Cilantro from its seeds and plant during summer when the climate is mild and during tropical climates cool dry season is recommended.SKU: SOH5487FB8/44
- Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Cabbage is packed with multiple health benefits including treatment for constipation, stomach ulcers, eye disorders, arthritis, heart diseases, and Alzheimer’s disease. This cool-season vegetable requires fertilizers before planting and sunny sites. Read more on Growing Cabbages – A green delight for your garden.SKU: 5487FB8/38
- Exotic Seeds, - Vegetables Seeds, All Seeds
Broccoli has a strong and positive impact on our body’s detoxification system, increases Vitamin D deficiency, eliminates unwanted contamination, and comes with anti-inflammatory benefits. Broccoli needs cool weather, regular water, full sun, and rich soil to grow.SKU: SOH5487FB8/10